Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Primal Blueprint

Today Coot and I started our new diet plan. It is called "The Primal Blueprint" or can be referred to as primal living. It consists of no processed foods, breads, grains, or other sugary foods. It has gone great so far. I had 2 slices of bacon and a glass of orange juice for breakfast. I am allowed to have 50-100 carbs a day. I think I can survive. I love my pasta and bread, but am really ready to lose this extra weight I have been toting around. I need to lose 45 pounds and I know it is going to be quite a challenge to achieve that weight loss goal. We are going to start the Couch to 5k as well. Hopefully, this will get us both back on track. Coot only has about 20 pounds to lose to be at his goal weight.

My garden is growing nicely, so that will help with the diet, too. I have 3 watermelons on my vine. They look so good, I can't wait for them to be ready to pick! A family in our church gave us a dozen of their fresh eggs. They were so pretty, I had to share a picture of them with you.


They are going to be so good!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally encourage you on your weight loss plan. I am completely discouraged as my body is rebelling against any sort of weight loss and only wants to pack on the pounds. :( Your eggs looks so pretty. We recently got chickens so I am really loving the fresh eggs.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!