Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch - VBS

"Roundin' up questions. Drivin' home answers" ~ James 1:5

My kids have attended VBS this week at a church here in town. They had a lot of fun. They came home every evening excited. They were there from 5:15 to 8:00 pm. It gave me some free time to get some other errands and activities done that are normally hard to do with children under foot.

The church had a program on Friday night to let the parents see what the kids had learned. They asked that the children come dressed western, but stressed they didn't have to, though. Neither one of my kids have western clothes, so I decided I could make my daughter a prairie type dress and my son did have a leather vest that a cousin gave him. He also gave him some spurs, but I couldn't seem to find them. So, I opted for a plaid shirt, the leather vest, jeans, and some boots (not cowboy) for Sparrow. I spent the whole afternoon working on Chickadee's new dress. I had made the pattern before when she was 3 years old, so I kinda remembered how to make it. Thankfully, the bonnet comes in one size, so I didn't have to re-make that. I also had her wear the same apron. It was kinda short, but it still worked. This dress turned out so cute. I loved the whole outfit. I gave her a couple of braids and she looked like a real prairie/frontier girl. She looked like she would fit right in on a caravan to the west!

Here is a picture of them in their duds for the program.


Doesn't she look like she could be Laura Ingalls Wilder?? He looks like a little deputy sheriff. I just wish he would've had a cowboy hat to go with it. I am definitely going to have to add that to the list of things to get. Every little boy needs to have a cowboy hat!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you sewed that adorable dress in a single afternoon! That would have taken me a month! Both of your children look so cute in their frontier outfits, and I agree that your daughter could very easily be Laura Ingalls! :)

    I hope you are having a fun weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by the new blog and saying hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww they look so adorable! I am glad they enjoyed VBS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cole absolutely loved vbs this year. He goes with Bill and Denise and is always so inquisitive. I love, love Chickadee's dress! And Sparrow...well, his nickname fits his dress! Sheriff Sparrow on the job!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!