Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bulletin Boards!

I left my one and only bulletin board at my old job back in Texas, so I had to come up with a creative way to make a couple of small ones. The one I left behind would have been too big for my kitchen anyway. I really wish I had a separate room to use for a school room, but I don't. I have such big dreams of them having individual desks, a school rug, and walls covered with maps and posters. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of space so I have to make do with the kitchen. The table is their "desks" and the walls are not plastered with posters.

I decided that cardboard would work just as well as a cork bulletin board. I cut out the size I wanted then wrapped one in balloon wrapping paper and the other in some yellow material I had lying around. They look pretty good and they will work well enough for this year. Here are some pictures.


This one has our yearly school calendar and the daily schedule on it. I allow them two 15 minute breaks. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. They also get a 1 hour 15 minute lunch break. The additional 15 minutes at lunch just gives them some extra play time after they eat. It also gives me time to make their lunches while they are finishing up any work or cleaning up the table for us to eat.


This one is a work in progress. This is our "Armor of God" board. This is our Biblical theme for this year. I have cut out the pieces to the soldier. As Sparrow and Chickadee memorize their monthly scriptures we will add a piece of armor to him. By the end of the year he should have on the whole armor of God.


They are coming along nicely. I may post more of the "Armor of God" board later when it is more complete. I want to add Ephesians 6:13-18 to the upper right hand corner of the board as well.

~Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!