Thursday, August 12, 2010

King Ranch Chicken


This is a recipe that I love to make. It makes a 13x9 inch pan. You may want to half the recipe to make it for a smaller family.


Ingredients:
4 to 5 Boneless Chicken Breast or a whole chicken
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Rotel
1 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper
1/2 cup Onion
1 lb block of Monterrey Jack Cheese
12 Corn Tortillas

Directions:


Put your chicken on to boil. Make sure you cook it long enough to get it cooked all the way through.


After the chicken is finished, shred it. I use my Pampered Chef chopper for this step. In the meantime you can be sauteing your onion and bell pepper to get them tender.


After you finish sauteing your onion and pepper, you can add in the cans of soup, rotel, and the chicken broth. Stir well and then add the shredded or chopped chicken back into the pan. Stir and let simmer.


Put 6 corn tortillas in the bottom of the pan. I foil and non stick spray my pan. I prefer as little mess to have to clean up as possible.


Pour half of the chicken and soup mixture on top of the tortillas.

Cover with half of the Monterrey Jack cheese.
Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover casserole with foil and bake in a 250-275 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.


Enjoy!

~Lark

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I love casseroles and I love Mexican food so I am going to have to try this! I am sure the family will also love it. THANKS so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome. Definitely going to have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!