Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Thrill of Winning

Chickadee's birthday is coming up and she gave us a small list (4 items) of things she would like to have for her birthday. This list included: box car children books, legos, a Playmobil toy, and a new game. I don't know if any of you are familiar with Playmobil, but they have some really great toys. We started buying Sparrow Playmobil last Christmas. We got him a helicopter and a fire truck. It came with some little policemen and little firemen. For his birthday back in June, we bought him a Playmobil coast guard boat. He loves them! His toys came with little pamphlets that listed some of their other toys. They had hospitals, houses, castles, and anything else you can imagine. Chickadee quickly decided that she was going to ask for one for her birthday. She would love to have the hospital, but that one is quiet expensive. The looking for a girl Playmobil toy began.


I looked at Playmobil's site and found a take-along dollhouse that came complete with furniture, mama, daddy, baby, and 2 pet cats.
Instead of just buying it outright, I went over to eBay and found one up for auction that was still in mint condition. There was only 15 minutes left on the auction. I was so nervous that we would lose the bid on it. Coot and I kept refreshing in hopes of having the winning bid.
Guess what? WE WON!! I won the dollhouse and only had to pay half the price of what it would have cost from Playmobil. It was so thrilling to win! It was a lot of fun and I got a great deal in the process.

We have not been disappointed with Playmobil's products. Target carries a few of their toys as well as specialty toy stores. Do you or your children favor a specific brand of toy? If so, what is it?

~Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!