Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Couch to 5k Graduate!

I have officially completed all 9 weeks of the Couch to 5k program by coolrunning.com. I am now able to jog for a solid 30 minutes. This is quite an accomplishment for me. I am now going to keep running 3 times a week to try to improve my time. I would like to be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes. Right now I am reaching the 3 mile mark in about 38 minutes. I am getting a little over 3 miles in 40 minutes. I do a 5 minute warm-up, jog 30 minutes, and then a 5 minute cool down. So, I am doing pretty good. I also hope to start running outside some instead of on the treadmill. I think the outside will condition me better. I have contemplated running in the Turkey Trot. It is a 5k race that requires you to bring 3 canned goods to enter. It is basically a canned food drive with a 5k race attached. I just think it would be nice to be able to write this down as one of my accomplishments in life. Once again, I highly recommend the Couch to 5k program for anyone who wants to start running or just needs to get in shape. It's a great program! You can find it here.

~Lark

1 comment:

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!