Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh Texas, how I love thee...

...let me count the ways! I love that your groceries are tax-free! I love that you have Whataburger to eat! I love that you have big gas stations with delicious BBQ! I love that everything is just bigger and better here!

It's so good to be back home for the holidays this Christmas. As we drove into Texas we discussed some of the things that we love (and miss) about Texas. We love Mississippi, but it just doesn't compare to Texas! I have always teased my husband by saying, "You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl!". It feels so good to be "HOME" for a whole week! We have places to go and people to see. We have this list of things that we "must do" when we come back. Some of those things include eating at the places we love like Freebirds and Panda Express. Those are places that Mississippi doesn't have. We miss them. There is just nothing like good food, friends, and family. I love it! Stay tuned for pictures of the trip!

Happy Travelling!

~Lark

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you have a blast being home in Texas for the week! This is so much the way David and I felt when we lived in Maryland, when we came home to WA state for Christmas! This post makes me think of that old song, "There is no place like home for the holidays..." :) It's so true! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you are back "home". Enjoy your visit and maybe you can come back soon :) Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your site through the teaching/homeschool section of Picketfence and thought I would share a creative writing site for kids (and adults) that I have just set up - come and see the "I Wonder Chronicles for literacy and creativity" - use the prompts and add to the wonder!

    more here:
    http://dthaase-lines.blogspot.com/p/wonder.html

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!