Sunday, December 5, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Day

Since our families all live in Texas, it was just us four for Thanksgiving this year. I planned out a Thanksgiving meal for us and made plans to go to the zoo. Yes, the zoo was open on Thanksgiving day. It was free admission for the day! We had a lot of fun. I brined the turkey (It was just the breast) over night. I seasoned, prepped, and put it in the oven Thursday morning before we left. When we arrived home from the zoo at around 2:00 it was ready. I prepared all the side dishes and we had an excellent Thanksgiving meal.
Here are some pictures of the day:









Our camera batteries died even though they were fresh off the charger, so that was about all the pictures we got. My husband had to pull out his phone to take pictures the rest of the day. Sorry about the quality of the next few pictures. A phone just doesn't take great quality photos.


The set table....all except for the linens. I don't have any cloth ones, so we just pulled out the old trusty paper ones. They wouldn't have made such a pretty picture.




~Lark

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a piece of that cheesecake. It looks fabulous. Looks like you all had a very fun day. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous way to spend Thanksgiving. I am sure the crowd was minimal and that always makes it so nice when visiting the zoo. Looks like you have a very nice meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome Thanksgiving.
    We did something different every Thanksgiving or Christmas as a "tradition" when we lived in Kentucky and the rest of our family lived in other states and no one was willing to travel to see us.
    Last year was our best year. It was spent at Colonial Williamsburg. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!