Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Day


We had a pretty good New Year's Day. It started off kind of scary, but wound up being a pretty good day. We put the kids to bed at 10:30 and we stayed up until around 11:00. Next thing we know, we are being woke up by the Tornado Sirens blaring. We jumped out of bed, grabbed the kids, and ran into the hallway. We put them in the linen closet doorway to provide some extra protection for them. The walls shook a little and it got a little loud and then it was over! I looked at my phone it was 12:01. My husband looked at me and said, "Happy New Year"! I just laughed and said, "I hope this isn't a sign of things to come". The next morning we went driving around the campus to see how much damage was done. It wasn't that bad. It was just a couple of downed trees, a downed power line, and some loose branches scattered about. Nothing major!

We are thankful that the Lord kept his hands over us!

I made us a yummy New Year's dinner of Ham, green bean casserole, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, and black eyed peas. It was really good!



~Lark

3 comments:

  1. MMM! That looks delicious! Praise the Lord for you and your family's safety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're all safe! In like a lion out like a lamb. Best wishes to a blessed new year!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum! I've never really made a special new years meal (usually just special meals for Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthdays), now I'll have to start up a new tradition.
    How scary with the tornado! Glad you were kept safe!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!