Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Fun - Candy Bar Pop Up



The kids and I sat down and made some Valentine's Day gifts to pass out this weekend. I got the idea for this craft from my friend Tammy @ Not Just Paper and Glue. Tammy has a tutorial on this project here.

Let me just start off by saying that I do not do scrap booking. Therefore, I didn't have much in the way of scrap booking tools or embellishments. I bought the paper and ribbon from the store specifically for this project. I already had one pair of scissors that would make a fancy edge and I had some really cheap stampers of my daughters that I could use.

Here is what we came up with:


I cut the paper to size with my rotary mat and cutter.


Pre-cut the ribbon. Set the stampers, ink, and candy out.


What we made.


This is one of my pieces of work. Turned out okay after all.


One of Sparrow's. Can't you see the doubled stamp at the top? So sweet! He really tried. He made a complete mess with the glue and had such a hard time not stamping more than once.


One of Chickadee's packages. She did really good. I didn't have enough ribbon so I resorted to cutting up some toile I had in my scrap material box. It worked rather well!


So pretty! If you are interested in how to make your own, just click here.


~Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!