Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ready to Garden

So, I started my garden! I am really excited about all the delicious vegetables I am going to be growing. I call it a salsa garden, because it is a lot of tomatoes, peppers, and corn. Stuff you would put in salsa.

My seedlings that I started from seed at the end of March.


The tilled plot of land. It's about 18 ft by 10 ft.


Planting. It was a lot of work. It's gonna be worth it!


The garden completely planted.




I planted some okra and squash as well. I planted Green Bell, Red Bell, Jalapeno, and Serrano peppers. I also planted Roma and Beef Steak tomatoes.

Keep your eyes out for progress pictures. You know I will be posting them as we go!

~Lark

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your little seedlings! I'm so happy for you. Your plot looks good.
    I enjoy gardening as well and my plot has been neglected the entire time I was living out of state. My ds and I are working hard to get it back in shape, but with all the rain we've been getting, the weeds are growing faster than we can pull and we haven't even been able to sow seeds yet. I'm hoping this weekend. =)
    Keep posting pictures of the gardens progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all looking great! And I am really impressed that you grew your own little plants from seeds! I also like the idea of growing a salsa garden~ yum! :) Beefsteak tomatoes is a great choice, too! I bet they grow really well where you are. Tomatoes are a tricky thing to grow here in WA state!

    I hope you are doing well, and that you had a great weekend! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!