Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Sparrow!


Today Sparrow turns 5! We celebrated last night since we attend mid-week services at our church.

He informed me about 3 weeks ago that he wanted a pirate cake.
I found a few recipes floating around out there on the web and thought it looked pretty simple to make. Boy, was I WRONG!!! This was actually quite hard! But, considering I have NEVER worked with fondant before I think it turned out alright in the end. Was it perfect? Of course not! Did he seem to care? Not at all!






I just want to know where my sweet little boy who was tiny, wrinkly, and cuddly went?



Happy Birthday Sparrow! I love you!!

~Lark

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the cake! My son is having a Lego Pirate Party next month. He is turning 11. They grow up way to fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fantastic job on the cake! It looks so authentic, and I love the sails you added to the top~ amazing! :) I bet your son loved it! He is such a cutie, and what a sweet baby picture, too! They do not stay little for very long, do they?

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!