Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blueberry Bounty


We were given a gallon bucket of fresh blueberries recently. (The picture above is after I had already used a bunch of them.) They looked and tasted absolutely delicious! There was just one problem. What could I do with them? I only have the freezer that is above my refrigerator, so I couldn't freeze them. So, this is what I decided to do:


I made blueberry muffins. YUMMY!


I made blueberry crisp with some homemade vanilla ice cream on top. It was delicious!


And I made some blueberry jam.

I had a lot of fun baking with these blueberries. My family and I enjoyed them in every recipe as well as by themselves. The jam will be able to be enjoyed throughout the coming months. I can't wait to try some on my homemade biscuits Sunday morning!

~Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!