Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ruffle Top for Easter

I showed you all a picture of the fabric I had picked out for our Easter outfits this year.  I have finally finished making the tops for Chickadee and myself.  This is how I did it:




First I took a tank top and laid it out on the material and cut around it. 
I had to cut two of the ruffle fabric and then two of the solid fabric.


I placed a piece of ruffle fabric and a piece of solid fabric right sides together.  
I sewed them together around the neck line and arm holes. 
I did not sew the top sleeve seams or the side seams together at this point. 
I then turned the pieces right-side-out.  
This made a front and a back piece with neat neck and underarm seams.


I took my 2 right-side-out pieces and placed them right sides together.  
This meant putting the ruffle sides together





Sewn together.  
I then had to sew down each side seam while I had them right sides together.
 I had to be very careful that the ruffles didn't go the wrong direction while I was sewing it together.




Then turn it right-side-out again. 




DONE!

~Lark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!