Saturday, March 30, 2013

Homemade Belts

I finished the Easter outfits for Chickadee and myself, but felt like there was something missing.  I decided I could either buy each of us a belt or, better yet, I could make them.

This is what I did:




I measured how long and how wide I would like my belt to be.


I cut two pieces of fabric to the size I needed.  
I also cut 1 piece of very heavy/thick interfacing.


I then ironed on the interfacing to one piece.
With right sides facing together I sewed the two pieces of fabric together.
I sewed at an angle on the corners of one end to give the belt a pointed end.
Leave the opposite end open to turn the belt right-side-out.


Turn right-side-out and press.


Tuck the open end in and sew closed....





like so.



I then put it on and figured out where I would need to place buttons
I sewed some buttons on and made buttonholes.
DONE!

You could always buy actual buckles or even D-rings if that is your preference.
I was going to go the D-ring route but couldn't find any wide enough for what I wanted.

Look for Pictures of us in our homemade clothes tomorrow.



~Lark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!