Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Practice Albion & Fabric Choice

I have made a practice run through of the Albion Pattern.  It doesn't look too good, but it did give me an idea of how it would fit.  I decided to make the coat for my daughter.  She is steadily outgrowing hers and could use a new one.  I was originally going to make it for my husband but my sister-in-law asked me if I would like to go halves with her on a new, really nice, oiled leather jacket for my husband.  I agreed, so that threw him out as an option.  The next target was my daughter since I didn't need a new coat either.

Here are the pics of her trying on the "practice" coat:


Yup, her eyes are closed.  She doesn't look too thrilled about it either.  I tried to reassure her that this was just the practice coat, not the real thing she wouldn't have to wear out in public or anything. =)




Now for a picture of the fabric I decided to use.  I went with a purple, pink, and gray wool plaid and a light cotton for the lining.  I am still deciding if I want to add something between the layers to make it slightly warmer.  I think the wool by itself would be warm, though.  We'll see.






I think it will look lovely if I don't mess up during the cutting, or for that matter, the sewing process.  I do have some ideas for some alterations I am going to make since she is so incredibly skinny.  At last measurement (her birthday Aug. 2013) she was 5 foot 1 inch and 85 lbs.  Tall and skinny!  I mean, come on, she is only 11-years-old!  She is outgrowing everything as fast as I can purchase it!

If anyone else is participating in the sew-along and contest, I want to wish them/you all good luck!

Happy Sewing!

~Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ to read your comments!
PLEASE, if your blog is not linked to your profile, leave me the URL so I can visit. Also, if your email is not set up properly I can not respond to you!
Thanks for stopping by our nest. Drop in anytime!